Thoughtpost Governance specialises in providing quality board advisory services to private companies, government entities and medium to large not-for-profit organisations. Our work is grounded in the Directorship Theory; an insightful system of thinking by Andrew Donovan and Peter Tunjic.
Thoughtpost Governance see Boards as a business unit in themselves, requiring clarity of purpose and role, a skilled, resourced and well-functioning team, appropriate behaviours, a strong performance management system and a culture of continuous improvement.
We use a range of tools that aims to create high performance Board and Board–Management partnerships by:
- Establishing a shared purpose, direction and business model (success formulae), including an appropriate risk appetite and organisational culture;
- Establishing shared clarity and agreement on the role of the Board and of Management;
- Building strong board capability and succession planning;
- Designing or strengthening board processes including the board reporting (intelligence) system, board meeting performance and the board committee system; and
- Conducting board performance assessments and develop board continuous improvement programs.
Thoughtpost Governance has produced outstanding results for a variety of organisations across a range of industries.
The areas we work in are:
- Primary Health including Medicare Locals and preventative
- Aged Care
- Animal Welfare
- The Arts
- Insurance and Financial Services
- Transport, Logistics and Manufacturing
- Real Estate
- Local Governance
- Mining, Oil and Gas